Saturday, November 26, 2011
Thanksgiving 2011
Thanksgiving...isn't it amazing that we have to have a day that makes us stop to give thanks! Yes, it's a great time to look back and reflect on our history and make some time to think about what we are thankful for - and get to eat great food. I guess it's like all those ceremonies and festivals that they had in the Old Testament. God knew that if we didn't have special times to celebrate and remember certain things that we probably would not because of human nature. So, Thanksgiving 2011 was spent in Birmingham. Mom and Jim hosted us in their home along with Jim's two daughters, Jennifer and Jamie, and their families. The weather was perfect and the food excellent and we continue to enjoy getting to know Jim's family. This year and everyday, I am most grateful for my salvation, my husband and my daughter to name my top 3...after that the list of things is a mile long...the Hinton Sunday School class, UAB, Bluff Park, Kindermusik, YoToddler Yogurt, Wonderful friends and family, The Bham Zoo, Skype, kids under 2 fly free, whole milk, wheelchairs, music, Brodie and Ellie...I could keep going...So here's a few pix of the family at the "Poore House" on Thanksgiving Day! (No I did not shop on Black Friday but I did start my shopping during the Alabama/Auburn Game - lines were shorter for sure!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment