Friday, December 14, 2012

Big Girl Bed!

So we have reached another milestone: The transition to "Big Girl Bed". Claire started showing she had the skills to climb out of her crib about 2 weeks ago so I started moving to get her ready for the twin bed. I dreaded the sound of the "thunk" and subsequent scream when she really did climb out and hit the floor. So I tried to head it off at the pass. So we went shopping and picked out a new comforter and valences and discussed paint colors (which will happen after Christmas). We made the plan to transition last Friday. So while Claire was at school, Jeff and I put together my old twin bed and made it up and got it ready for when she came home. She was so excited! She has been in it a week now and actually stayed in it during nap and night time sleep. I'm sure our day is coming when she'll get out and explore but for now, we are thankful for how smoothe this milestone has gone. I had a "moment" just before we started changing her room up to soak in that my little girl is growing up really fast and how grateful I am for her baby-phase and excited about what each stage holds for her. Here's a video clip of her baby room and a few pictures of her enjoying her big girl bed. We still have more to do in her room to make it "big sister" ready before Brother arrives but thought we'd share.

No comments:

Post a Comment