Friday, March 31, 2017
Our own March Madness
March was a big month. Professionally it was a big deal for me. I presented at the International Seating Symposium which means nothing to most people but a lot to people who do my type of physical therapy - Seating and Wheeled Mobility Clinic. I evaluate, fit and train people with long term various disabilities to use custom wheelchairs of all kinds so they can be as independent as possible! It is SO fun! Meet Allison Fracchia. She's the first person I saw doing this work when I was in Jackson, MS working and she got me hooked! God used her mightily to get me going in this direction and I have not looked back for the last 14 years! My first presentation was with Penny Powers from Vanderbilt and she is my hero! She is fiesty and true and thorough and I love her for always fighting for her patients! I added her to my top role models in many ways! She is a true mentor to me!
After a quick recovery of that intense week of work, The Brelands and Carvers embarked on the 2nd annual mom/kid trip and this years destination was Nashville! Our activities included a park, a play place, the mall, The Adventure Science Center, bowling and the Nashville Zoo before heading home. Even getting to go was touch as go since Claire had pneumonia just days before we left! Yay for meds!
Enjoy the rest of our pics that show you we live out our own March Madness (yes, we celebrated Miss. State's lady bulldogs basketball team breaking U.Conn's 111 game winning streak)...It's fun to have kids and let them be kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment