Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter 2013

Easter was simple and fun this year. We went to Green Valley Baptist Church again this year for their Egg Hunt and that was lots of fun! Thankful the rain held off! Joel and I met Jeff and Claire at church on Sunday. It was sooo good to get to go! Hard to explain but it's not the same listening to it on the computer...there is Life when the Body of Christ meets together to worship together! It was refreshing! Joel slept through 2/3 of the service then we joined others in the Infant Cry room for a little milk and diaper changes :) Jeff played in the orchestra and they played on the front steps between services. So I got Claire from nursery in time to go watch and boy was she proud of her daddy playing the trumpet! Adorable! But there is no greater time of year than this weekend to celebrate the Risen Savior! What great hope for all eternity that empty tomb represents! PRaying more and more will believe that and follow Him! The other special thing about Easter weekend for me is that it was Easter weekend in 2007 when I would meet my future in-laws! We had gone to Charlotte where Jeff's Aunt Evelyn and Uncle Bob live and Jeff's parents and brother came too. Little did I know at that moment that 3 months later we would get engaged and be married a year later. So, it's fun for me to look back on that Easter weekend especially!

No comments:

Post a Comment